All About Project333 - The Start



On 26 Semptember 2014, I finally finally gave up. My mental health could not handle working with my mountains of clothes. I mean I already threw out/donated bags/boxes of my clothing before, but there was still too much. It was frustrating finding something to wear. I didn't want to go out. I just wanted to stay home.

I had started reading a book called The 100 Thing Challenge, and I was intrigued. Could I live with less? Definitely. Could I live with only 100 Things? Yeah, no. But it listed something called Project333 in the book. I googled it. I fell in love. Over the next few days, I started planning my 33 items and preparing things for storage and donation.


In its simplest form, Project333 just means have only 33 items of clothing for going out for 3 whole months. Shoes, shirts, dresses, pants, accessories, etc. are all included. Sentimental items like wedding rings are not. But the rules are flexible, so I didn't count my accessories. #33in33 is basically an extra challenge on top. Yes, you're still limited to the same things. But now you must also prepare 33 different outfits! I thought that was interesting, so I was all like yeahhh I'm doing this.

You've already seen some of my outfits here.

But I thought I should actually show you the constraints I'm working with. Here we go!

Project333 Clothes List 

Categories
  • 7 pairs of shoes 
  • 5 outerwear
  • 3 ‘cinchers’
  • 8 bottoms 
  • 10 tops 

Shoes 


I picked my shoes first! I know I'll probably be wearing my grey flats over and over again... But I want options okay! I really love shoes. I wish Auckland were flatter.



    Breakdown:
    • Black lita-style platforms
    • Nude ankle boots 
    • Nude leatherette platforms 
    • Nude platforms with ‘wooden’ look
    • Black strappy platforms 
    • White sandals
    • Grey ballet flats 

    Outerwear


    For this Project333, I needed outerwear for spring and summer. It's still really chilly right now, so I have my warm purple coat. Blazer for when I want to look more polished and formal, I guess. Cardigans because I looove them. And my denim jacket/coat because it's warm without being too warm, you know?


      Breakdown:
      • Purple coat 
      • Denim coat
      • Grey blazer  
      • White cardigan
      • Blue cardigan 

      Cinchers 


      I'm trying to waist train, but I keep forgetting to wear it. I normally only remember when I plan on going out. Sigh. I think I'll wear it more if I keep my laptop on the desk. Anyway I counted my corset as part of Project333 because I might wear it on top like a belt.



        Breakdown:
        • 30” black waist training steel-boned corset 
        • Black waist belt 
        • Black studded belt

        Bottoms 


        I really love feminine looks! It's no surprise I adore skirts. 2 years ago, I actually had more than 30(!?) skirts of different lengths and looks and no jeans. I got rid of at least half of my skirts since then and introduced jeans and pants to my wardrobe. Leggings are, of course, a staple for comfort-loving big girls.

        Breakdown:
        • Polka dot jeans 
        • Wet look leggings 
        • Print pants 
        • Black circle skirt 
        • Black mini skirt 
        • Print mini skirt 
        • Striped blue & white half-circle skirt 
        • Floral mini skirt 

        Tops 


        And finally here are my tops. Nothing special really. Sorry about the quality of the images. I guess I was rushing it (and also I'm just using my iPad!). The yellow floral thing is technically not a top, by the way. I think it's actually a dress, but I use it as a shirt.



          Breakdown:
          • Red striped shirt
          • Green striped shirt 
          • Floral top… thing
          • Green cap-sleeved shirt 
          • Black print shirt
          • Black shirt plain
          • White Angry Birds shirt 
          • White long-sleeved top 
          • Pink shirt 
          • Peach shirt 

          Total: 33 

          Note: I didn’t count accessories for my challenge because they don’t take up much space, and I don’t have that many anyway. :D

          Do you think I can survive with just these items until January?! I hope I can. I'll make it work. So far I'm really enjoying my capsule wardrobe. It's simplified dressing up even when I have to go somewhere last minute. :) If you want to join in on the fun, you really should!

            xx Priya

          P.S. Title image edited from work by Viiktor Hanacek via PicJumbo.

          You May Also Like

          0 comments

          Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.