#33in33 Looks 1-4


Like I said in my Weekly Wishes, I'm currently doing Project333 and the mini challenge #33in33. It started on 1 October, but I've only officially posted 4 looks out of the 14 I should have done by now! I'm playing a game of catch up. Sigh. 

Oh, I should probably explain what those things are, right? (I'll make a more elaborate post next time. But for now...)

From the Project333 website:

  • When: Every three months (It’s never too late to start so join in anytime!)
  • What: 33 items including clothing, accessories, jewelry, outerwear and shoes.
  • What not: these items are not counted as part of the 33 items – wedding ring or another sentimental piece of jewelry that you never take off, underwear, sleep wear, in-home lounge wear,  and workout clothing (you can only wear your workout clothing to workout)
  • How: Choose your 33 items, box up the remainder of your fashion statement, seal it with tape and put it out of sight.
  • What else: consider that you are creating a wardrobe that you can live, work and play in for three months. Remember that this is not a project in suffering. If your clothes don’t fit or are in poor condition, replace them.

But enough of my babbling, here are looks 1-4 of my #33in33.

Look 1 - Have Dinner With Me?


I wore this for a dinner party at home. It was the first time we had my dad over, and he came all the way from Australia (!!). There were meant to be more people, but somehow it was just me, my dad, my S.O., his sister and his mum. Oh well. I can always wear it again.

Breakdown:
  • Size 14 black top - Kmart 
  • Black waisted belt - Off-brand
  • Size 16 white and navy skirt - Big W 
  • Size 10 nude platform heels - Rubi Shoes by Cotton On  
  • 30" steel-boned corset, laced at ~33" (not pictured) - The Corset Shop Akl

Look 2 - Is It Really Spring Yet?


This was actually my official look 1 for #33in33, but I like how the other outfit looked more, so I listed it first haha. I went out for dinner with my dad. I think we ate at a Taiwanese place.

It's meant to be spring now, but it feels so cold still! I brought my warm winter coat to keep me warm but left my legs bare because --- it is meant to be spring, and I will dress for spring if I want to!

Breakdown:
  • Size 14 floral top - Kmart 
  • Size 16 black skirt - Big W 
  • Size L white long cardigan - Cotton On 
  • Size 14 purple coat - Glassons
  • Size 10 grey ballet flats (not pictured) - Big W  
  • 30" steel-boned corset, laced at ~34" (not pictured) - The Corset Shop Akl

Look 3 - Be Back Real Quick


Mr Penguin and I went out real quick to go to the shops. We went to Burger King? Or we went to the grocery? Possibly we did both. In case you haven't noticed, I really like neutral colours. Shades of grey seem peaceful to me. Also, my corset went slanted on my here. It's really annoying. I think I need a custom-fit one next time!

Breakdown:
  • Size S green top - Oneil (? not sure, it was a gift) 
  • Size 18 polka dot jeans - Kmart 
  • Size 10 grey ballet flats - Big W
  • Size L blazer - Cotton On 
  • 30" steel-boned corset, laced at ~34" (not pictured) - The Corset Shop Akl

Look 4 - Ode to Summer


Dinner again, this time Japanese with my dad. The denim coat would've gone better with different shoes, I know.  I threw it on last second because I realised it'd be cold. In retrospect, I should've worn different shoes... Oh well. Cringe. I guess I secretly wish summer were here already.

Breakdown:
  • Denim coat - Offbrand gift 
  • Yellow floral dress/shirt thing - Terri Lynn (gift, and doesn't have sizing info) 
  • Size 9 white thong sandal heels - The Warehouse
  • Black waisted belt - off-brand
  • Size 16 black skirt - Big W 
  • 30" steel-boned corset, laced at ~34" (not pictured) - The Corset Shop Akl

Next time I'll try posting a collage image of the items along with the actual outfit on me. I still have to do some laundry and take the photos, so hopefully that will be sorted by looks 5-8!

Well, do you think you can survive 3 months with only 33 items? Or put together 33 different outfits with those 33 items? If you think so, you should do Project333 with me! I'm really enjoying the ease with which I can get dressed these days. I just really need to take pictures for social media!


  xx Priya
P.S. Title image edited from Unsplash by Keith Misner.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.